Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 5 and the Good Doctor

We took Gabe to his first pediatric checkup* - he's doing great and was the center of attention in the waiting room. When the little guy isn't screaming at us about the indignity of being bottomless (he's modest!) he'll just stare around the room with his blue eyes.  I wish we could know what he's thinking.
Captains Log, Day 5 on Planet Earth.  I thought I had been completely clear with my human slaves after the debacle with the woman in red: I will not be poked and prodded.  However, these humans aren't very smart and they don't follow directions well; today they took me to someone they called the "pediatrician" and the results were completely unacceptable.  I was stripped naked and poked in ways that are completely inappropriate for a human and a being of my stature (which is 19.5", btw).  At least they didn't stab me in the foot again.
On the bright side, one of my human slaves continues to give me all of the milk I ask for. The other human continues to be useless - he suggested that I could corner the market by buying "milk futures".  Does he think I'm an idiot?  You can't drink a futures contract - they're cash settled.  Perhaps I can trade him for a second car seat base.
* For those following along at home, the blog posts are quite a few days behind events; it turns out that when you have a newborn infant, making a pot of coffee and feeding the cats qualifies as "I got a lot done" today.

No comments:

Post a Comment