Saturday, July 2, 2011

Welcome to the Earth. E. R. F.

Gabriel Isaiah Supnik was born on June 29th, 2011 at 8:47 pm.  When he was born, he was surprisingly calm and collected - not what I would have expected for anyone who had just been, um, delivered.  When I first held him, he just looked right up at me with his wrinkled face, looking somewhere between an old man and E.T.  He looked as if perhaps he had already been to several planets and was just trying to figure out which one he had arrived upon this time.

Day 1 on planet Earth. I have arrived on the new world.  The first Earthlings I made contact with wear strange light blue suits and rush about the room. One woman in red was particularly discourteous; while she said things like "I'm sorry little guy, I'm almost done" and "I know this is so unfair" I don't think she meant it.  She poked and prodded every part of me, dropped goo in my eye, and poked me in the foot with a sharp metal stick.  I will be recommending in my final report that she be used for spare parts.
The Earthlings have selected two individuals to be my personal slaves while I remain on the planet.  The first one is quite good to me and offers me milk whenever I ask for it.  The other one, however, has been quite stingy with his nipples, despite my repeatedly turning to him and making sucking sounds with my mouth.  Perhaps I must order him a pump.
If it's not clear from the above, Lori and I have gotten very little sleep.  They say insanity is inherited from your children; we may have been infected.

Here are some pictures from the initial hospital stay at U-Mass Memorial.

I have been very patient with you so far Earthings...now take me to your leader!

It followed me home, can I keep it?

Mom and new baby

Dad and new baby

"I like this one!"

Snuggle Time

My impression of a mermaid!

A baby burrito

Happy Mom: baby and turkey sandwich

Mom and Gabe on Facebook

Happy Mommy

My first car ride - Earthlings have very primitive vehicles.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe they fed Lori a baby and turkey sandwich!!

    ReplyDelete